Frequently asked questions about taxis in Amsterdam
Amsterdam Taxi-Online offers business taxis to and from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and regularly hosts private tours. On this page we have collected some frequently asked questions about our services.
1. How do you get a taxi in Amsterdam?
As in most cities, you can arrange a taxi at the airport by addressing a driver. However, booking a business taxi in advance is definitely more convenient.
2. Can I book a taxi in advance in Amsterdam?
3. What are the costs of a taxi in Amsterdam?
Prices for a transfer to and from the city center start around € 50,-. This price includes the listed kilometers per hour, relevant VAT costs and gratuities.
4. Is an Uber cheaper than a taxi in Amsterdam?
Yes, most of the time an Uber will cost you less than a business taxi. However, with a business taxi you will enjoy a higher level of service.
5. What is a business taxi?
If you book an airport transfer or private driver with Amsterdam Taxi-Online, we offer you the following service:
- Professional English speaking drivers
- Luxurious cars (BMW 5, BMW 7 or Mercedes Vito)
- Bottle of water
- 24/7 service
- Online secure payment
- The possibility to pay by invoice
6. How can I pay?
We offer online secure payment. You can pay in the following ways:
- Credit cards
7. Can I book a business taxi in Amsterdam by invoice?
We offer companies the option to pay by invoice. Contact us via our contact form for a personalized proposal.
8. Is it possible to book a taxi in Amsterdam for a group of people?
Amsterdam Taxi-Online offers transfers for big groups to and from the airport (with a van or by coach).
9. Can I book a taxi to a destination abroad?
We offer transfer services to and from:
Do you need a transfer to another city? Contact us via our contact form. After receiving your request, we contact you as quickly as possible.
10. Can I book a private driver in Amsterdam?
Yes, we offer several private tours through the Netherlands. Book a private driver for a taxi tour to:
- The Keukenhof & Tulip Fields
- Countryside and Windmills
- The Hague
11. How long does an Amsterdam airport transfer take?
As the distance between Schiphol and the city center of Amsterdam is about 20 kilometers, a transfer by taxi will take you about 25 minutes.
12. What is the price for a business taxi?
In the table below you will find the costs of a transfer from Schiphol to Amsterdam (business taxi).
Tariffs Mercedes-Benz E-Class or BMW 5-series
Tariffs minivan 6 persons
Starting Rate € 3.19,-
Starting Rate € 6.49,-
Price per km. € 2.35,- p/km
Price per km. € 2.95,- p/km
Time Rate € 0.39,- p/m
Time Rate € 0.44,- p/m
Waiting Rate €11.00,- for 15 minutes
Waiting Rate €11.00,- for 15 minutes
13. Are there nice places to explore nearby Schiphol?
Even if you only have a few hours to spare, you can explore several interesting highlights in the vicinity of Schiphol. From Schiphol you can go to:
- The city center of Amsterdam (25 minutes)
- De Keukenhof (25 minutes)
- The beach (30 minutes)
14. Is it safe to use a taxi in Amsterdam?
The Netherlands is a very safe country and you don’t have to worry about your safety when taking an official taxi.
15. Can I book a taxi in advance in Amsterdam?
At Amsterdam Taxi-Online you can book a taxi online.
16. Is it possible to book a taxi for a layover in Amsterdam?
When you have more than four hours to spare and have a valid visa, you can leave the airport. If you book a taxi with Amsterdam Taxi Online, you are assured of an optimum use of your time.
17. What are the speed limits in the Netherlands?
In the Netherlands the default speed limits are:
Inside built-up areas
Outside the built-up area
18. Do taxi drivers speak English in Amsterdam?
In the Netherlands, you may well expect taxi drivers to speak English.
19. Is it safe for a woman to take a taxi alone in the Netherlands?
Yes. It is completely safe for a woman to ride alone in a cab.
20. Do you pay VAT for a taxi in the Netherlands?
Yes, for most services you will have to pay VAT (or ‘BTW’). The amount of VAT is always specified on the receipt or invoice. If you are not a resident of the European Union, you may be entitled to a VAT refund.
Do you need a personal driver for a business event? Contact us for a personalized proposal.